Well I am finally back again. And it is summer out there. Yes, officially and literally, summer has arrived here in the UK. I just love it. It's not too hot, and not too cool. We have beautiful blue skies with white, fluffy clouds that glide along peacefully in a cool breeze which is keeping us from overheating.
So why am I so enthralled with this weather? Firstly, the sun helps our bodies make Vitamin D - that essential nutrient that is so important in helping us fight cancer. Yes, the big C-word that most people are so frightened of. The sun is our first defence in keeping our bodies healthy.
Which brings me to the second benefit of these long, summer day - fresh air and exercise, and lots of it. We just love to take long walks in a beautiful park not too far from where we live, which gets our lymphatic system s moving. Yes, we need to move around to get our lymph system activated so that it can clean up our systems. This is our second defense against disease. Get moving and enjoy your exercise!
Of course I haven't forgotten that summer is absolutely perfect for lots and lots of healthy, raw, living foods. Yes, the salad is BIG and we enjoy ours loaded with everything that is packed with enzymes and vitamins and phytonutrients and vibrant, deep colours, and nuts and seeds which are packed with Omega's and protein which our bodies really need.
So, for a health-filled, life-filled summer, I'm getting out there and getting healthy! Whose up for it?
No comments:
Post a Comment