Thursday, 26 June 2008

Speaking Words of Life

I am still amazed at how well I feel these days. Who would believe that my heart failed when I was just 38 years old?

"You're far too young to be in this ward" was the refrain from all the other patients who were mostly in their 70's and 80's.

And I agreed! But with a heart valve that was 90% closed up, believe me I felt like I was 86 and my life was over.

Thank God for advances in modern medicine, and of course - I thank Him daily for His healing power.

I was just reading in the week that scientists have now discovered that what we really, really believe about ourselves, our circumstances, our future and our capabilities affects our DNA, which affects our health in a big way.

They call it "EPIGENETICS". Apparently our bodies respond to our words, our attitudes and our faith - whether it is in the negative or positive. That means, if we feel that we are not going to make it, or even if we have a fear deep inside that we might get the same sickness our parents had, our DNA changes and it happens to us.

So, if we change our thoughts and our words to be positive, Word based - speak LIFE not death - we can change the outcome of our lives.

My confession is: "My heart is normal. It functions perfectly, as God created it to function. I have a strong and healthy heart, and I am healed and made whole by the Life of God flowing through every fibre of my being."

I am well!

No comments: