I can hardly believe that it is already Wednesday - we spent the week-end in a village near Brighton, where Richard attended a conference, and I got to read and enjoy the sunny weather and see old friends.
What a treat to find out that they are as into a healthy lifestyle as we are! Water filters everywhere, nuts and seeds galore, as well as regular visits to the local farm shop not far from them.
The biggest testimony to the healthy lifestyle that we aspire to was to meet the 4 1/2 year old that has never had any sweets, sugar, junk food etc. She was gorgeous! No tantrums, no bad behaviour, just the sweetest, best behaved and highly intelligent child I have seen in a long time. Way to go, Mom!
So, I guess today my soliloque will have to be about the value of raising a child the natural way. What are we allowing our children to become, by feeding them cheap and nasty pre-packaged, nutrient-deficient junk food? It breaks my heart to think that most children are growing up today, thinking that certain chain-food restaurants are a "treat".
To see this beautiful young little girl drink her goats milk with acidopholous in to improve digestion, then lick a spoonful of Manuka honey as a treat after dinner was simply heart warming.
Now there is an example to follow!
No comments:
Post a Comment