Friday, 4 July 2008

The Value of Words

We have known for years how important our words are. Words create life or death, words can build up or break down. Really, our words are a reflection of our soul, our deepest innermost being.

The Bible says that we can have whatsoever we say. Think about this principle. Our words are so powerful that they create our reality! A few years ago, someone I respect and admire tremendously as a wonderful man of God, a mentor and true example as a man of faith, Gordon White, experienced some health problems. Even though he was very poorly in the natural, Gordon's confession was that he was getting better.

He continually spoke the Word of God concerning his healing, and today, he is traveling the world again with his wife Barbara, changing lives and impacting people with their prophetic message. It was wonderful to see the improvement in Gordon's well-being following major surgery. He just kept on getting better and better.

It really brought it home to me that I had to watch what I said. When my heart failed, I struggled to rise above the events that happened around it, and I have to admit, my confession slipped! It was only when my darling husband started challenging me on my negativity that I realized that I was digging a hole for myself.

Even though I was confessing healing on the one hand, I was still complaining about how tired I felt, how difficult it was for me to get through the day, how breathless I got, how much I have lost. The list is endless.

On the positive side, I spoke these words of prayer every day: "Father, I thank you that your miracle working power is flowing in me and through me". It was no surprise when people started to experience miraculous healing when I prayed for them at a Healing Seminar a few years ago. That miracle-working power was not only touching my physical body but it was starting to flow through me to others. What an awesome God we serve, Who uses broken vessels to pour His glory through.

Scientists are even now saying that the Bible was right all along about speaking out what we believe!

Not only is it important to watch what we say, but we also need to be aware of what we want for our future. My confession now is so very different. I am aware that every word counts. We cannot speak one idle word over ourselves, our circumstances or even our loved ones!

I am healed and made whole by the power of Almighty God.
I walk in His blessings and His abundance for my life.

All my needs are met and the Lord supplies more than I can even ask or think.
I live in a beautiful home by the sea in the best environment for me.
I am happy and fulfilled in my marriage.
I eat the best organic foods ever.
I enjoy abundance in every area of my life.
I am a blessing to everyone that comes into contact with me.
I enjoy giving of my material good to meet the needs of those around me.
I travel the world to share this abundance of God's grace in my life.

Isn't it
wonderful to know that we can change our circumstances by agreeing with God's Word.

Let's do it!

Salome


No comments: