Wednesday, 1 September 2010

Your Teeth and Minerals

The African people know something about minerals. Whenever we went to the seaside, they always asked that we bring back a bottle of sea water which they would then consume over a period of weeks - one little bit at a time.

It was only about 4, maybe 5 years ago that I found out how important it is for our health and well-being to replace lost minerals in our bodies.

I was introduced to a mineral-dense solution called "Sole", which is made by dissolving Himalayan Rock Salt in pure, distilled water until the salt crystals do not dissolve anymore. That means the solution is stable and saturated. We take one teaspoon a day, add it to a little bit of water and swig it down fast.

Believe me, it tastes just like sea water! Yugh! But .... it replaces the minerals that your body loses naturally loses (some through sweating, some through the kidneys and some just because our soil is so minerally depleted now.

I started struggling with cramps in my lower legs about 6 years ago. I remembered that salt water in hot countries replaced the lost minerals. Now, important: I am not talking about the bleached, useless substance that most people call table salt.

No! I am talking about the real thing. We use Himalayan Rock Salt, which is beautifully pink, but there are other mineral rich salts on the market. The moment I start experiencing cramps, I go back on the routine and take Sole for a few days et voila! Results.

Now, back to my daily tooth routine ... After rinsing with Hydrogen Peroxide, I swish the Sole Solution through my mouth thoroughly to restore the pH balance in my mouth, and also for the mineral content which is good for teeth!


Now I have a happy set of gnashers! Bacteria that causes toothache gone - Check. Mineral balance restored - check.

Next time ... I want to look at how essential oils can benefit and restore my tooth health.

Until then,

Peace!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for that link, Angela. Proper dental care is so important....