So it's Friday, and this week-end is going to be a major detox event. For a while now, I have veered from the RAW and FABULOUS path, but that is all about to change.
With a fridge stocked up with dark greens, deep reds, potent purples, yummy yellows and those must-have oranges, I am all set for a Hallelujah Week-end. In fact, as I speak I am enjoying a spinach, Romaine Lettuce, vine-ripened Tomato, Avocado, Garlic and Lemon Juice Delight. I bung all these into my cup, whizz it all up in the Magic Bullet, and voila! A feast for my cells.
What is so wonderful about raw food, you may ask. Well, our bodies consist of live, living cells. As you may well know, these cells are maintained and fed by nutrients that arrive via the feeding tubes called veins and arteries. Now, our wonderful bodies extract nutrients from the food we eat.
What we eat really becomes our fuel. It gives our bodies energy, it keeps our immune system strong and healthy, and it helps our body to repair and replace the cells that we are made up of. The only problem is, because most people live on nutrient deficient, over-processed, over-refined dead food, their bodies do not receive the vital living foods needed to ensure strong, healthy bodies.
Living food contains the vital phyto-nutrients, chlorophyll, minerals and vitamins which we need for health, healing and wholeness. When we microwave or cook vegetables, for instance, a lot of the vital nutrients in our food is lost. Which means that our bodies do not have the building blocks to repair any damage.
Because our bodies are fantastically created, we can often go along for years without any major health problems. We might suffer from allergies, or aches and pains every now and again. Some people develop tummy problems and it might be in the form of IBS - Irritable Bowel Syndrome, or skin breakouts. There are a myriad of "little" problems that could be a strong indication that our immune system is struggling because of a poor diet.
Most people enjoy their lifestyle - "Eat, drink and be merry for tomorrow we die" was a well-known phrase when I growing up. We only really take our health seriously when something starts to go wrong.
Why not be pro-active? Increase your intake of living food - salads, smoothies, fruit and seeds and nuts are all packed with goodness. Join me as I go for optimal well-being and make a green concoction for yourself - every day.
Soon your body will be shouting "Yippeee" when you get out of bed in the mornings and you will find those little aches and pains disappear miraculously.
With Green Gusto,
Salome
No comments:
Post a Comment