I have just spent about 1/2 hour editing my last post. I read it out loud to some friends yesterday, and apparently I needed to clarify some things, and tone down others, so I hope it reads easier now that I have tweaked it. I agree it was a bit heavy, but I got it out of my system anyway. I guess that is what I needed to do.
Now, as I am sitting here at the computer with the curtains drawn I can hear the sound of rain and wind outside. I love this kind of weather - it cools the air and blows away the oppressive, muggy heat that August in the Thames Valley brings. While everyone else bemoans the lack of sunshine and heat, I quietly send up 'Thank You' prayers because it makes it so much easier to survive the summer here in England. Perhaps I will decamp to milder climes next year.
All this hot weather reminds me of something that I learned very recently. Growing up in a hot country, it was common knowledge that we needed to make sure that we had enough salt to replace lost minerals through excessive sweating - especially if you were as sporty as I was. In fact, South Africans are known to smother their food in salt, and when I first came to the UK, I had these horrified comments about it not being good for you.
Now in Africa, salt was the remedy for dehydration. Salt was also the cure for muscle cramps.
Thankfully I never suffered from muscle cramp. That is, until about 5 years ago. I started to get cramps in my legs, and I realized that it could be a result of taking diuretics every day of my life.
Medically speaking, diuretics do a fabulous job. They get rid of the fluid that builds up around your heart as your body tries to protect the organ that is not functioning properly. The only trouble is, they also wash out vital minerals that are needed for the proper functioning and maintenance of the body. Hence the cramps.
Some year ago, a dear friend told me about Himalayan Rock Salt. She also gave me a write-up on a mineral solution called "Sole", which is basically a saturated solution of Himalayan Rock Salt in pure water. When you dissolve enough salt crystals in water overnight so that you have some salt left at the bottom of your container the next morning, you have a stable, saturated mineral solution that contains all the 62 minerals that our bodies need for optimal health and wholeness in the correct balance that our bodies need it.
I started drinking 1 teaspoon of this Sole solution in a glass of water every day. Within weeks I noticed that the terrible thirst I had - I was told it is a 'heart thirst' - just disappeared. Oh, and no more cramps! Do I know exactly why the thirst and the cramps disappeared? No. But I sure know that by replacing the minerals, these 'symptoms' just disappeared. You can draw your own conclusions from that...
Apparently, there are remote tribes that live routinely live to a 120 years of age or more, and they drink a mineral-rich glacier milk - this is the melted ice that comes down from the mountains, which ensures that they constantly replace the minerals their bodies need.
With our modern farming methods, with over-cultivation and resultant mineral deficient soil, we are not getting the necessary minerals in our food anymore. Therefore I would recommend that everyone replaces the lost minerals in order to prevent mineral deficiencies that can lead to all kinds of diseases.
With Healthy Hopes,
Salome
No comments:
Post a Comment