Wednesday, 20 August 2008

YOUR WORDS RULE YOU!

We learnt years ago that you are today, what you thought, said and spoke out of your mouth yesterday! The Bible says it so well: "You are ensnared by the words of your mouth."

The funny thing is that people are ooh-ing and aah-ing over "The Secret" as if it is something new, but really, the information in there has been written in one of the most ancient Books on the planet! How sad that in this agnostically atheistic, intellectually over-cultivated, scientifically orientated, God-forsaking society we are in, man has tried to explain away the very Word that brings life, light and truth to the human heart, mind and soul.

But when that same truth is presented in a non-threatening, all-encompassing manner without involving God as the One Who orchestrates the very "universe" which they claim to be the supplier of all needs, everyone hails it as the new "thing".

Now, I am not discounting the value of the principles put forth in the DVD. In fact, I agree that it is so important that we watch what we say, because it does becomes our reality. "Life and death is in the power of the tongue." We can choose to speak life over ourselves, our circumstances and those around us, or we can speak death, destruction, hatred, enmity, sickness, poverty and disease - we have that choice.

I believe that one of the things that saved my life 9 years ago was the fact that I constantly confessed: "I shall live and not die and proclaim the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living." Every time I felt weak or as if I was not going to make it, I spoke those words out. Sometimes loudly, sometimes just on the inside - in my heart. By doing this, you allow the truth of the Word of God to counteract the lie, and instead of dying, I am living. Instead of being bed-ridden and slowly fading away, I have picked up my life and even started ministering again.

About 5 years ago, when a pastor-friend of mine lost his wife, he said to me in a conversation: "It won't be long now before I join her." When he said it, I felt a check in my spirit. I remember noting it in my head, thinking that he should not have said that. Within months he was diagnosed with colon cancer, and it wasn't a year before he had joined her. Our words are powerful and therefore it is important to carefully consider how we use them.

Today, let your words be what you desire your life to become. Speak life, healing and wholeness over yourself. Thank God for his provision in your life, for meeting every need you have, and for healing and restoring your physical body to complete health and wholeness.

Until next time, rejoice and be happy!
Love ya all,
Salome

No comments: